Training in Meditation
Lamrim Meditation Practice
This class is a fantastic way to establish a regular Lamrim meditation practice and is especially recommended as a supplement for those already engaging in one of our meditation courses (beginners, in-depth or Foundation Programme).
During these one hour sessions, we will look at practical meditations taken from the special presentation of Buddha’s teachings of the path to enlightenment known as Kadam Lamrim.
- Breathing meditation to settle the mind
- Explanation of the lamrim meditation
- Prayers for receiving blessings
- 20 min guided lamrim meditation
- Brief explanation of how to practice during your day
We will be using two texts mainly, The New Meditation Handbook and The Mirror of Dharma with Additions.
Jan 26: Exchanging Self and Others
Feb 2: Great Compassion
Feb 9: Taking
Feb 16: Wishing Love
Feb 23: Giving
Mar 2: Bodhichitta
Mar 9: Tranquil abiding
Mar 16: Superior seeing
Mar 23: Relying upon a Spiritual Guide